Dear CareerSafe Supporters,
CareerSafe is proud to announce that we have been selected as one of only 10 OSHA authorized training providers to offer the OSHA 10-Hour General Industry and Construction Industry training to the young worker market. As part of this award, OSHA has mandated a variety of changes, including an updating of the courses themselves. Three of the primary updates include a) expanded material on the Focus Four Hazards, b) new user authentication process, and c) a compressed course completion timeframe. More information will be sent at a later date regarding those updates.
There are, however, four major changes regarding course vouchers and completion deadlines that may impact your current students. We wanted to make you aware of the changes and give you ample time for questions and planning.
- New Voucher Sales. OSHA’s deadline to implement the new compliance requirements is April 1, 2012. Given the short timeframe, we must temporarily halt all sales of the OSHA 10-Hour courses beginning April 1, 2012. Our target date to offer the newly updated courses is June 25, 2012.
- Existing Vouchers. Any student already in possession of an unused voucher will be granted enrollment into the current version of the course.
- Completion Deadline. Students enrolled prior to April 1, 2012 will have one year or until September 30, 2012, whichever comes first, to complete the material. Students enrolling in the current version of the OSHA 10-Hour courses on or after April 1, 2012 MUST complete the course by September 30, 2012. The new OSHA policy will NOT permit granting additional completion time.
- Extension Courses. The changes also decommission the extension courses. After April 1, 2012, vouchers for extension courses will no longer be offered. If a student or school has unused extension vouchers:
- Students may enroll in the extension course until September 30, 2012; however, all course material must be completed by 11:59 p.m. CST on September 30, 2012. The new OSHA policy will NOT permit completion time extensions.
- Students not completing the course by 11:59 p.m. CST September 30, 2012 will need to purchase a new OSHA 10-Hour voucher and start the course material from the beginning.
- Students or schools with unused extension course vouchers may submit a request for refund or exchange. Vouchers will be exchanged based on the dollar value.
The OSHA updates will guarantee students will receive the best OSHA safety training available. During this transition, our support desk and team are here to address any questions or concerns you may have. We are excited to present the updated courses to you in June, and appreciate your continued support of CareerSafe.